Police Department Announcement (Posted 02/02/2020)
The Town of Hurt VA is seeking to build a pool of qualified applicants who are eligible to serve as part-time or full-time police officers. Qualifications include:
- currently DCJS certified as a police officer
- recently retired/left in good standing and certification still current
- able to successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation
- no “founded” use of force, Brady or integrity violations of any type
- excellent driving record
- no criminal record of any type
- willing to work the dates and times needed by the PD
- pass a physical examination
- pass a polygraph examination
- pass a pre-employment drug screen
- pass a panel interview
- agree to a no smoking policy
- physically and mentally able to perform the duties of a police officer
- understand and accept the town’s community policing philosophy
I look forward to reviewing your resume.
Interim Police Chief and Director of Public Safety/Emergency Management
All Other Departments: No Vacancies Or Anticipations Thereof At This Time
To submit an employment application for us to keep on file for future reference, please download/print the application form below and forward it to the address given or email to: [email protected].
Incomplete or improperly completed applications will not be considered.
Note: For technical reasons, this is not an online submission form. Please print or download it, then complete and email as an attachment as directed above). Alternatively, applications may be obtained and/or delivered in person at Town Hall or mailed to: PO Box 760; Hurt, VA 24563.